Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful For You And The Memories.













I'm sitting here in my room, waiting for my parents to finish getting ready so that we can go to North Carolina for Thanksgiving break. Originally I was going to drive up separately and then come home on Friday so that I could work and see my friends who are home for the holidays. But then yesterday my mom said that she decided I would be staying the whole time and had no say in the matter. Anybody else hate being treated like a 12 year old? I was so angry that I had to drop the subject. But after talking it over some more with Eva, I have decided that I need to bring it up again and explain to my mom why the way she is treating me is not working. So, I told my dad that I want to talk to them before we leave, and I am waiting until they are ready to talk. I realized that I am afraid of talking to my mother. I am so used to her not listening and making me cry that I dread whenever I have to confront her about something. This makes me really sad, a healthy mother/daughter relationship should not be like that. I was excite about spending a couple days in the mountains with my parents...until my mom decided to force me to stay. Now I don't want to go at all. I have a real problem with being forced into things and not receiving respect. That is one of my biggest issues. Please don't lie to me, I don't like being treated like a moron. Just give me the respect of telling the truth...that comes with trust.

Anyways, I am not looking forward to this holiday. I usually love Thanksgiving, but this year I find myself dreading the day and planning ways to avoid my parents the whole time we're there. If only I had sibling to spend my time with...sigh.

However, I do believe in the meaning of Thanksgiving, and for that reason I decided to make a list of all that I am grateful for...in no particular order.

I am thankful for:
-My parents, they are amazing no matter how frustrated they make me sometimes. I know I am so lucky to have them.
-My animals: Gracie, Lucy, Banks, Barrington, and Clemi. They are awesome and they closest thing I have to siblings in this house.
-The fact that I have a job at this time when the economy is weak. I may not like it but at least I have something.
-My house, it's pretty awesome. And I am lucky to have a roof over my head.
-Pearl...she's done a lot for me and I love her in all her crackleiness.
-My mac, I know that's silly, but I just love it so much!
-School, I am sooo thankful that I love Ga State!
-Dance, I am so lucky that I have dance as an outlet.
-The Pasquariellos, they've been a second family to me the last couple years and I love them all so much. Trey, Knows me so, so well, I can always count on him to be there for me. Nick and Dev, Best "siblings" ever.
-Jordan, I am so lucky to have such an amazing roommate who knows me so well and has become one of my very best friends in such a short time.
Eva and Alex, so great in their own ways. Eva is so intense but can always lift the mood. She always knows what to do to cheer me up and I am so thankful for that. Everyone needs a friend like Eva. Alex, is just so silly. I love him for all of his quirkyness but how deep he is also.
Marina, my sister since birth. I wish she was here, I miss her so much. She knows me inside and out, and even though we've had our moments I know she will never leave me.
Matt, always knows when to put me in my place but always there with a helping hand or a listening ear.
-Caitie, so smart and willing to help. I know I can always go to her for anything. I envy her determination and beliefs.
-Jade, I have so much respect for the type of person she strives to be everyday. She is so confident in her values and beliefs and is one of those people who is just an awesome friend to have.

Of course there are many other people for whom I am thankful, but I thought I would start with people who will read this blog and who I would have included anyways.

This all sounds so cliche, but I just felt as though it was a good time to tell you all how much you mean to me and how much I miss you guys.


Annddd, while I was finishing up- my dad came in to tell me that my mom decided I could choose if I will stay this weekend or not...so I am thanksful for that too :)
Anyone of you feel free to call me this week! I'm sure I will be dying for some outside contact...
Love to you all, and happy Thanksgiving!

P.S.
I'm excited now!

4 comments:

Caitie said...

Ah, I'm so glad your parents ended up considering your feelings on the Thanksgiving matter. And I'm SO proud of you that you were actually going to sit them down and talk to them about it (even if you ended up not having to haha).

I'm thankful for having you as a friend, too! :)

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Just stay positive, and I bet you'll have a great time with your parents. :) I'm a firm believer in the saying, "life is what you make it to be," so I think that if you go to NC with an intent to spend a wonderful, fun holiday with your parents, it will be exactly that.

See you next week, gurl fran! <3

Trey said...

lol, random that you used that picture of Matt and me at Halloween last year?

And you're certainly welcome.
My parents consider you a child as well.
Wish you were here tonight, were having a big game night.

Jordan said...

Love you too, so much :) I hope everything went well this week!

Love the pics :)

Unknown said...

Aww yay!
=')
That was so sweet. I love you, Marissa!