Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My thanks, from A-Z.

So it's been simply ages since I've written. And I'm not sure why. I've wanted to write, and I've had things to write about. But I just haven't actually gotten to the point where I reaallyy want to put the two things together. So I have decided that instead I will just name a few simple pleasures that I am thankful for. These should give you an idea of some of the things that have been happening in my life for the past 1-2 months.

From A-Z, some things I am thankful for, love and appreciate.

A) It gives me intense joy when people call me by a nickname. M, Mar, Missa, Maritz, Maris, Kiddo etc. They all make me feel so loved.

B) Group sleepovers are probably the greatest thing invented. There is nothing better than piling into a bed and talking and sleeping with some of your closest friends.

C) Taking a hot shower with the door open and your music blaring.

D) Being able to exercise/ walk to class with an iPod without having to hold it/ put it in a pocket [thanks to Trey and Nick :)]

E) Having someone tell you you're beautiful (parents and family do not count, they're required to think that)

F) Snuggling up with friends and a hot cup of tea or coffee when it's freezing outside.

G) Realizing that God has once again worked in mysterious ways to teach you a good lesson.

H) Feeling confident about your future and the people whom you know will be there with you the whole way.

I) Having friends in your classes.

J) Having excess Mac laptop chargers at your house when yours melts.

K) Having friends who will dye their hair pink with you on a whim, New Years Eve.

L) Having a job at this point in the economy.

M) Having the opportunity to possibly study abroad with 3 friends in Italy for a month.

N) Having friends with houses close by that I can visit when the Commons start to annoy me.

O) Being able to go back to RCD and dance with other graduates in Winter Concert. So awesome.

P) Finding new, awesome music is really great.

Q) Going to openmike nights with friends and loving the good and bad.

R) Having a good time when family comes to visit.

S) I love when people tell me they love me. No matter how often they say it.

T) Hugs are awesome little gifts everytime I receive one.

U) Knowing that even though you may not have plans now, you will be spending the evening with some assortment of the people you love most.

V) Having a dad that will drive from his job at the Fox and drive to a dance studio to bring you the extra charger for your computer.

W) Having a group of friends that will meet your for lunch between classes.

X) Having an awesome academic advisor in your major.

Y) Getting a new phone when you've had the same crappy one for 3 years is a great feeling.

Z) Having awesome, amazing, uncomparable friends that I get to spend everyday with is the greatest gift I could ever receive.

1 comment:

Trey said...

Woooo.

And God bless us, everyone!