Tuesday, February 17, 2009

God Is.


"True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness." -Albert Einstein


I miss church. I have for a while but I really realized it this past weekend. My Russian manager Tamara randomly asked if I go to church, where I go and what I believe. This got me thinking...

Not to sound too cliche, but church is where I have always found myself when I start to feel lost. I had a phase in middle school and high school when I decided to go to church as often as possible with or without my parents. In both instances I found myself happier. Recently however I have found that it is nearly impossible for me to attend church. I have to plan way in advance and figure out how I am getting there, how I am getting back to Atl etc. I have begun cutting out religion so that I can work more and have more time with my friends. But that is the wrong way to go about it. I need God in my life to feel complete. And of course I don't have to attend church to know that God is always there, but sometimes I need the reassurance of all those people feeling the same love in one place, hearing the lesson, and reminding myself of why I am who I am.

Anyways, in the spirit of Trey and the tattoo he wants..and how I am feeling right now. Here are some things "God Is" to me:

All loving

Beautiful

Accepting

Amazing

Everywhere

Light

Giving

Great

Peace

Art

Dance

Music

Prayer

"God is Spirit, the loving source of all that is. God is the one power, all good, everywhere present, all wisdom. God is divine energy, continually creating, expressing,, and sustaining all creation. In God, we live and move and have our being."

He is everything and everyone I love.

He is within you and me.

1 comment:

Trey said...

Oooh.

I love.

And straight Unity.